ml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> SlashKiss for the Ladies

Monday, February 9, 2009

Chinese Class

This semester marks a new beginning for me. One, a formality I always say, I hope I'll get better grades this semester and two, I'm taking Chinese!!!!!!!

Alright alright, I'm a banana. And seriously, I admire those who knows Chinese. I've always blame my parents for not sending me to a SJK school but send me to a SK school instead. And pardon me, despite I'm belonging to the group called Bananas, I am seldom close to them. ONly a handful of them make great friends with me. So far I can only think of 3 of them, Raymond, Adrian and a classmate. I'm sure many people realised something which I definitely did realised because I'm in the group: Banana's thinking is usually a little different from the rest. I've known one since primary school who has lots of pattern which is more than badminton. There was once when everyone is talking in the living room during a Chinese New Year visit. He, instead of joining the crowd, he stand at the door, shirt tucked in, wear a sunglasses and took a pose there. When asked what the hell are you doing? The reply is a short "The scenery is good." Another Banana which make a good example is the former High School Top Student which, to avoid liability, I won't mention. People might argue that I'm generalising, then I must say yes. I AM in fact generalising them into "most of them". Why? Because I grow up with them. I won't say whether do I fall into that category for its better to leave it to others to judge.

The biggest problem with banana, from my observation seems to be their "no holds barred" way of talking where they shoot so straight and when their words reach you you'll feel as if you got hit by a pinpoint avalanche. They might mean no malice, but sometimes they are just too straight forward and they could be hurting people's feeling unknowingly. There are also cases where bananas tend to have communication problem with people as in, either people find them hard to approach or they simply can;t figure out the correct approach which they should adopt.

So, after two bananas in the family ie: my sis and myself, I insisted my dad send my brother to a chinese school. So that he won't be such a letdown. I've always feel as a Chinese, even if you can't read, you chould at least be able to understand and use our mother language to communicate. I hope its not too late but I'm registering a Chinese Class. It seriously took a toll on my patience. I've got a feeling I'm learning kindergarten stuff. When the lecturer start of by calling the class 'xiao peng you', immediately comfirm my thoughts to be accurate.

The lesson started of by learning up down left right. Wtf?? She wants the whole class to mimic her mini dance and say 左左左右左 and 上上上中下. Then follow by papa, mama, ni hao, good morning and stuff -__-

I wonder how long can I put up with such..... mm... 'treatment'. But I'll persevere after all. Wish me luck! ~.~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home